As IESA does not have a hall of residence, students generally live in various parts of the city, in Independent Rooms or with French families or landlords or in a student residence. The school does however offer assistance by providing information and referring students to services, associations and websites. Below you will find useful links to help in finding student accommodations: 

Paid- Student Housing Assistance Package

(optional) (approx. 490€, information provided during orientation)

Student Housing Assistant Pack is available upon request for a fee of approx. 490€ through an association (Information on how you can request the Housing Assistance Pack will be provided during the orientation period)

  • Several flat options in and outside Paris starting 350e/ month up to 1000e.
  • No need to find a someone to act as a financial backer as is the case for most students, only a one-month security deposit.
  • Assistance in getting your electrical & telephone line hooked up…

Free Student Housing Assistance


With your student visa, you have a right to a state subsidy called APL, which will help pay a small part of your rent. You must have a minimum of nine square meters per person or sixteen square meters for two people. The housing subsidy is given each year to about 500,000 young people and students, French and foreign, regardless of their type of housing (room in a residence, dormitory, apartment, etc.). The amount of the subsidy varies from 90 euros to 150 euros per month, depending upon your income, the amount of rent and the size of the apartment. To obtain the APL subsidy, you must go the “Centre de Gestion des Allocations Familiales (CAF)” in the neighborhood where you live and fill out a form. 

CAF Centers in Paris: 

  • Centre de Gestion for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th districts: 18 rue Viala 75015 Paris, Tel: 01 45 75 62 47 Metro: Dupleix.
  • Centre de Gestion for the 9th, 10th, 17th, 18th et 19th districts: 67 avenue Jean Jaurès 75019 Paris, Tel: 01 44 84 74 98 Metro: Jaurès.
  • Centre de Gestion for the 5th, 11th, 12th, 13th et 20th districts:101 rue Nationale 75013 Paris, Tel: 01 40 77 58 00 Metro: Nationale or Tolbiac.

Documents to be provided:

  • a copy of your rental agreement.
  • proof of your rental payment.
  • a copy of your electrical bill .a copy of your student visa.
  • a copy of your passport.
  • results of a medical visit showing that you are in good health.
  • a birth certificate translated into French (consult your Embassy).
  • proof of a bank account.
  • copy of your tax return filed in France (proof of revenues).


CROUS provides various housing services for students in private residences. 

Crous Center in Paris:Centre Régional des Oeuvres Universitaires et Sociales (CROUS)39 Avenue Georges Bernanos 75005 Paris (RER: Port-Royal)Student Information Hours: 9h to 17h.Reception: 01 40 51 36 00Housing Department: 01 40 51 37 

CROUS International Office-Housing Department:All housing offers are listed and can be consulted between 1:00PM and 5:00PM Monday to Friday upon presentation of your student card. All types of housing are available in Paris and the surrounding suburbs at prices as low as 250 euros for a small room to 350 euros for a studio. 
Tel: 01 40 51 37 67

International Student Organizations for Housing

CIDJ(Centre d'Information et de Documentation Jeunesse --the center for information and documents for young people) 101, Quai Branly 75015 Paris (Subway Station: Bir-Hakeim)Tel : 01 44 49 12 00, you must consult their listing at the center. 

Cité Universitaire Internationale19 bd Jourdan 75014 Paris (Metro: Cité Universitaire)Admissions Department, Tel: 01 44 16 64 48 / Fax: 01 44 16 64 03 
This organization offers students, under 30 years old and registered in an undergraduate program, housing possibilities in dormitories and other university facilities, either double or single rooms. The rooms are furnished with a shared bathroom and kitchen. The rent varies between 260 euros and 350 euros, charges included, per month for a single room (13 m2), and between 180 euros and 245 euros for a double room (16m2). Cité Universitaire has all the necessary services such as a restaurant (average prices are 2.30 euros per meal and you can buy a book of 10 tickets), washing machines, telephone, and a computer room. 
For all this, you must fill out a request either by going directly to the Admissions Department (open Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 7:00PM)

Apartment Rental Websites:

Local Newspapers and Magazines: Rental OfferingsConsult the magazine FUSAC, or go to the bulletin board outside the American Church of Paris, or check the listings at W.H. Smith Bookstore on Rue de Rivoli. Also don’t forget the magazine PAP (Particulier à Particulier), which appears every Thursday morning or consult their site

Check list for flat rentals:

  • Student’s identification papers
  • Proof of student status
  • Parent’s identification
  • Letter from parents accepting to act as guarantors
  • 3 of your parent’s most recent payslips
  • Your parent’s latest tax form
  • 1-month-security-deposit
  • Agency fee (equivalent to one month’s rent)


Host families can provide a total immersion into the French way of life and help you learn the language in a natural environment. Some useful sites: